According to the Cyprus Criminology Society Constitution, persons who hold a recognized university degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Legal / Forensic Psychology, Criminal Law, Police Studies and other related disciplines can apply to become Full Members of the Society. Membership is also open to people who work or have worked in the private and public sector, higher education or as researchers in the field of criminology (e.g., Universities, Legal Service of the Republic, police, prison, social work, Anti-Drugs Council, Criminal Law and other Criminal Sciences).
Students pursuing courses of study related to criminology and persons who wish to promote the aims of the Society, can apply to become Associate Members.
Benefits of Membership
- Being kept informed electronically.
- Participation in the General Assemblies with the right to stand for election.
- Access to research, publications, studies, conferences.
- Participation in events and conferences organized by the Society free or at a reduced fee.
- Being able to submit papers for publication in a Society journal at no financial cost.
- Networking with other professionals in the field of criminology and opportunities to for acquaintance with distinguished academics.
- Awards and distinctions.
- Advancing the field of Criminal Sciences.
Application Submission Process
To become a member, one needs to submit your application by email to email@example.com. The Membership Application Form can be found here. Before you submit your application, it is important to read and understand the basic information below.
Application Review Process
1) Information and Understanding
Information concerning the aims and vision of the Society can be found on our website. It is important to read carefully our work and consider how you can contribute to the work of the Society. For more information, please contact the Secretariat through the relevant electronic link on the website.
2) Submitting an Application
The application form for new members can be found here. When you duly complete it, you need to scan the form, attach copies of your academic and other relevant qualifications, and send all the documentation to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Application Assessment
Upon receiving your application, the Secretariat will forward it for consideration by the Society Board at its next scheduled meeting. The Board will evaluate the application and then the secretariat will contact the applicant accordingly. With the said communication, the Secretariat will make the acquaintance of the applicant, exchange views, clarify any queries the Board may have and inform the applicant as to the outcome of his/her application.